Friday, November 5, 2010

RULE BRITANNIA! Pt. II- Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
gunpowder, treason and plot,
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
to blow up the King and the Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow:
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!






Yay! After about 24 hours of door-to-door travel, I made it to my friend's place in Thanet:

Warm beer and a cold aside, it's been great! I've visited Margate and Canterbury and drank blasphemous amounts of tea. Guy Fawkes Day was yesterday and, though I did not get to see a stuffed-Guy Fawkes burned in an effigy pile like I wanted to, we had a great time at all the downtown festivities and pubs regardless.

Still have London to look forward to, and then those last three mystery days... meaning I haven't figured out what I'm doing or where I'm going. It'll be a surprise! Hide your tarps and cardboard boxes, bums! I'm looking for lodging!

Cheers, all.

Pip pip.

No comments: