Friday, March 6, 2009

tonight is out of control.

yes yes it is.

So many very exciting art happenings to swing by. I have a few recommendations;

so I am very very stoked about the new gallery scene at Pretty Penny clothing on College Ave., the area seems more than ripe for some sort of creative space. The last show I went to there with works by Alice Tullar was pretty darn faboo if you ask me. Good times had by all.

There is another show opening at Pretty Penny tonight;


I can 100% vouch for at least 5 of these very talented people- this is going to be a really wonderful show curated my Miss Lauren Davis and DJed by Mr. Tom LG.
...besides if you're not into the scene (philistine!) then maybe you will be into the vintage sweaters and tiny shoes that they sell. I'm excited on all counts. 6-9 pm. Info's all on the flier above.


Second is the works by my friend Paul Solis;

5857 San Pablo Ave., Forthrite Printing, 6-9pm. More info on his site linked above.



And finally my favorite excuse to not brush my hair and ride a bike, it's First Friday!! Definitely come to all the openings at Oakland Art Murmur. You can go for the art OR the baked goods OR the primo people watching.

Anyway thats enough to make you feel lame if you decide not to go out tonight, right?
Its f*&%in' Friday! Woo and yay!

No comments: