Wednesday, June 11, 2008

happy Flag Day!

ouch!


I've been experiencing a multitude of figurative, financial and literal stings lately.


The Wine Auction was this week in Napa Valley. Oprah was in town; I heard that a friend of a friend was standing next to her and Oprah started raving about the woman's shoes and how spectacular they were, so the woman actually took them off and offers them to her. Oprah happily accepted them, put them on her feet, and put her own shoes in her purse.
...What? Oprah gets a new pair of shoes, homegirl gets the best party story ever. Everyone's happy.


So back to the stings-- I will: produce, get innovative, and not jump off of 6 foot walls in thong sandals.

...it is flag day, right?



"The Longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and the pains I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." -George Bernard Shaw

No comments: